Saturday, September 22, 2012

My Most Awaited HbA1c Test Result

FBS: 65

"HbA1c is a lab test that shows the average level of blood sugar (glucose) over the previous 3 months.  It shows how well you are controlling your diabetes."

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003640.htm

I had my blood test this morning and I got the results already!!!!!

The normal range is from  4.27 ~ 6.07.

Today, my HbA1c result is 7.20.  It is still higher than normal but I am almost near my goal which is 6.07.

Jing said, I should not feel disappointed because from a high of 11.70 last January, I was able to bring it down to 7.20 this September.  To think, it has never went down  11 or 12 for the past 5 years!  So it is a victory already.

Sometimes, when I go on a vacation I lose track of my goal but at least, I can pull back myself  immediately from spiraling out of control.

The rest of my test results are wonderful.  Everything normal.  Even when I ate a lot of  lechon, crab fat, pork fat, bulalo in the last 3 months, my cholesterol is still within the normal range (3.88 ~ 6.20) at 4. 91.  Hehehehehe Sorry, Mona!  I can eat all the fatty food but you cannot!  You can have all the desserts!

I was able to raise my HDL cholesterol too!!!  An HDL of > 1.15 lessens the risk of coronary plaque formation.  Food high in Omega Fatty acids "sweeps" the plaque from our arteries.

So, I am very happy my hard work paid off.  I have not eaten bread nor pasta since June 18!!! I cannot say I have been totally wheat free since then because I have indulged occasionally in dim sum and used soy sauce.  My one and only pastry transgression, the Sylvanas from Cebu, but I paid for that sin.

I still plan to go wheat-free as best as I could.  On my next test, I WILL have a result within the normal range!

Breakfast at Salcedo Market:

Chicken Inasal
1/2 C. rice

Lunch:

Steamed Lapu-Lapu, Chinese Style


1/2 C. rice

Snack:

Green Mango Popsicle


Dinner:

Salad greens with Citrus Dressing


Bratwurst, cheese, grapes and olives








2 comments: