Monday, July 2, 2012

Congratulations, Lia!

Wow! Maybe it is too early to congratulate myself, but my FBS this morning was only 76!!!

Yes!  If I can maintain this for a period of time then I know my Diabetes is under control.  I have to have a FBS reading below 100 for 90 days so my HBa1c score will improve.  My endocrinologist actually wanted me to have a blood test last June 20, but I am aiming for a better test result, so I will defer it until the middle or end of August. 

I am now at the start of my 3rd week of being wheat-free! I did not even notice that 2 weeks had passed already.  In my Vegan diet, my goal was 21 days but I only completed 19 days.  This wheat-free lifestyle is really so easy!!!!!

Hello??!?!  Remember, Lia???  Who only thinks about food and when she can have her next fix?!?!?

Her next fix of Cheetos Jalapeno? Ruffles Sour Cream and Cheddar with 1.5 liters of Coke Light?  

Why am I surviving in this lifestyle?  Since I removed wheat from my diet I never had cravings anymore.

Eliminating wheat is a natural appetite suppressant.

Bad food does not dominate my living and waking moments.  I still think about food, but lately.... I think about the food that I CAN eat.

I already proved that eating Lechon and Peking Duck did NOT make my FBS spike!

 Food Diary:

Breakfast:

2 poached eggs ( I am still perfecting the art of cooking poached eggs.)

Lunch:

Seafood fried rice at Mogu
Miso Soup with Tofu
Sauce, cheese and shrimps - toppings of the pizza but I did not eat the crust.  I just scraped off the cheese.

Snacks:

handful of almonds
3 pcs. siomai

Dinner:

Fresh Lumpia with no wrapper and no sauce.  ( I just realized fresh vegetable lumpia is not good without the brown sauce.)



Crushed peanuts

 

Thai fish sauce with lime and chili

 


No comments:

Post a Comment