Monday, June 25, 2012

Mongolian Beef Barbecue

Jing? Should I shower or write my blog first??  There are times when I could not decide what to do so I asked my friend.  She said it was better if I showered first so I will be more comfortable.   Well, she is right!!!  Hahahahahahaha  .... that was just me being silly and crazy.

I was surprised my FBS this morning was 176 !!!  I did not eat rice and tried to remove the wonton wrapper from the sharksfin sio mai yesterday.  I had tons of oven roasted peanuts though but was that bad???  Boggles the mind.

I tried to eat wheat free today.  I bumped into Jing and Sherman in Glorietta and we had lunch at a dim sum place.  Mawi and I shared 1 cup of rice, I did not even finish my half!  I am glad my appetite is getting smaller.

I cooked my all time favorite diet food ....

Mongolian Beef Barbecue - 1 serving



3 oz. or 90 g. beef sirloin, cut into strips
white onion, sliced
Chinese cabbage strips
cabbage strips
red pepper strips
green pepper strips
bean sprouts (I forgot to buy)
celery, julienned
carrots, julienned
spring onions, chopped
leeks, sliced thinly diagonally
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1-2 T. ground peanuts
1 T. Kikkoman soy sauce
2 T. brown sugar (or to taste)
1 T. Lee Kum Kee Fine Chili Sauce (or less)
1 t. sesame oil (or more)



1 T. cooking oil

Put everything in a bowl except the cooking oil.



Heat a shallow frying pan or a griddle, add the cooking oil.

Dump everything into the pan or griddle then cook until the meat is no longer pink.

YUUUMMMM!!! My favorite!!!!!  I had to eat it with rice!!!

Food Diary:

2 eggs, scrambled with mayonnaise
1 small can tuna flakes in oil

Lunch:

1/4 C. white rice
1 small serving of steamed spareribs
2 pcs. sharksfin sio mai (wrapper removed)

Snack:

Filling of bola-bola siopao
handful of peanuts

Dinner:

Mongolian Beef Barbecue
1/2 C. white rice

No comments:

Post a Comment