Thursday, April 19, 2012

How did I lose 10 lbs. in one month?

I have been spending my days lately at Makati Medical Center, waiting an average of 6-7 hours per visit.  Just the other day, I went home at 2:00 a.m., YES... you got it right ... 2:00 am. By the time Dr. Eileen Manalo saw me, it was already 1:00 a.m.!!!  Then last week, I had to wait 7 hours for my allergy shots by Dr. Manuel Canlas.

Today, it was not too bad 2- 8 pm, at least I was able to go to 2 doctors.  I went to my diabetes doctor, Gia Wassmer and to Dr Manalo again.  I was weighed by the secretaries and ....they could not believe it!!! 

I lost 10 lbs. in one month!!!

How did that happen?  I really cannot recall what I did, what I ate ....  I checked my blog postings and discovered ......

I have been sick for the past couple of months... bad case of sore throat ... I could not swallow!!!!

Hahahahaha ... so the secret of losing 10 lbs. in one month is.....

NOT to eat at all!!!!

7 comments:

  1. are you sure the scale is working well. maybe it needs to be calibrated? hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! 6-7 hour wait for the doctor! Makati Med needs to learn a lot about scheduling, time management and professionalism!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Mona Hindi sira yung weighing scale! :P

    @ anonymous ... it was probably my fault I did not sign up earlier... but then I wanted to see the doctors because they are always going on trips often and I have to wait for several weeks before I see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi lia! dr. canlas is my allergist and i really think he's worth waiting 6-7 hours for. actually, my hubby and i spend the waiting time window shopping or watching a movie in Glorietta and just come back after 4 hours or so! we joke nga na dr. canlas brought us closer together because of the time we spend together during our appointment! haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Angel! Yes, the wait is super worth it! I just ask my helper to sign up for me at 8 in the morning, then call Vicky to ask if it is near my turn already.

      Delete
  5. hi! i just want to ask how much is the consultation fee of dr. wassmer? and is she good? in explaining aand communicating with the patients? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous, I do not know how much because I use my Maxicare card for consultations. You may call her clinic and ask. 8931024.

    I like Dr. Wassmer because you can easily talk to her and she is soft spoken.

    ReplyDelete