Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Vegan Report Card

I just finished my  21- day Vegan Diet... well ... shy of 2 days but I am not going to beat myself on my head just because I did not complete.  I am very happy with the results and have learned a lot. 

My blood sugar went down to 119 from a high of  254 before I started the diet on January 4.

I can wear some of the shorts I could not before for fear of getting gangrene!!!  Hahahaaha Because they were too tight.  Now I have to use a belt to hold them up.

I can now distinguish what kind of food will make my blood sugar spike.  Animal products and all kinds of fat including Olive oil.

Carbs are not the enemy if you choose your battles well.  Good carbs  in its natural form are corn, sweet potatoes, brown rice, al dente pasta, etc.

I will not eat meat as much as possible but I will indulge occasionally, especially when I am out of town or celebrating an important event.

I would like to continue to live a healthier lifestyle.  I am happy and excited for what the future will bring.

Final Grade : 92%   Not bad at all!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'll give you a grade of 97 for being so disciplined, Lia. I commend you for that. :) It's not bad too indulge once in awhile since you know your limits. Keep it up. :) Happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! I still owe you the chap chae recipe. It is actually the Mongolian Beef Barbecue http://liasfoodjourney.blogspot.com/2010/07/mongolian-barbecue.html

    recipe minus all the meat then just add the sweet potato noodles.

    Let me know how it turns out Beth! It was nice to see you last Saturday!

    ReplyDelete