Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Steamed Vegetarian Dumplings with Truffle Oil

I have a new favorite, it is Steamed Vegetarian Dumplings with Truffle Oil of Lugang Cafe. 



I have eaten there 3 times already in less than a week.

PD ordered the Crab Roe and Pork Dumplings. 



She said it was very good and asked me to try.  I said I cannot.

We shared on order of our favorite Mango Flavored Shaved Ice.



I really love this dessert.

Earlier in the day, we had lunch at Modern China Restaurant in Glorietta.

I had the E-Fu noodles. I only had a couple of servings.



PD ordered the Vegetarian Vegetable Casserole for me.



She had half a Peking Duck.



She said it might be too much for her, but reminded my Aunt that we used to share a whole duck, so half  order was just right for one person.



I asked the duck carver to make one roll for me without the duck, just the vegetables and hoisin sauce.



It was good enough for me.

I  discovered if you use the pressure cooker to boil the corn, the kernels turn out plumper and juicier.



The Diabetes book said I could have baked tortilla. 



So I bought Tostitos Baked Tortilla and ate it with fresh salsa.



Fresh Salsa.



1 C. ripe tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
1/3 C. white onion, chopped
juice of 1 lime
1/8 t. rock salt
1/2 t. sugar
1 T. wansoy, chopped

Mix all the ingredients and chill for a few minutes.

Sometimes, I do not recognize myself anymore with this new change in my lifestyle. 

Lia  used to saute almost everything with pork fat!

A lot of people are rooting for me to succeed, I also have a lot of doubting Thomases.  I do not blame them. I usually cannot stick to a program. 

So.... each day is a battle won.

No comments:

Post a Comment