Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Last Meal

For the past few days I have been having my last meals.  I feel as though I am about to be executed and given the chance to chose anything I like to eat.  I only have until January 3 to satisfy all my yens.  Because on January 4, I am going to embark on a new Diabetes Diet!  Jing said, at the rate I am going, I might not be able to make it until the 4th!!!  Eating as though it is the last day on Earth.

I have indulged myself today and appeased my final two cravings.  I went all the way to Chinatown to eat at President Grand Palace, Ongpin St.

The only Lechon I have not eaten lately .... Roast Suckling Pig.



It is actually my number one choice of Lechon, followed by Cebu Lechon and our Manila Lechon is at the bottom of my list.

I also ordered my favorite Sizzling Noodles with Pork and Shrimps.



Then I went to Glorietta and tried the Grape Slushie with Fruit Jelly at Cha Time.



I just discovered they used powdered flavorings and not real grapes but it tasted good just the same .... like Grape Snow Cone!

Of course, I also had to have my Happy Lemon fix at Rockwell!  Mona treated me to my favorite concoction  ....

Cocoa Milk Tea with Puff Cream plus additional Brown Sugar Jelly and Crispy Cocoa (tastes like Ovaltine). 



 For me, this is the best drink I ever had at Happy Lemon.

I am ready now.... there is nothing that I want to eat anymore.  It is the best time to start the diet because I am already so nauseated with holiday food and I just want to eat something light and not laden with cholesterol.

I just have to cook Kare-Kare one last time for my guests tomorrow lunch and then ... it is ready ... get set ... GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment