Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mama Sita's Kiddie Spaghetti Sauce

Whenever I see something new in the supermarket, I buy it all the time just to try how it tastes.  The other day  I saw this new product in Landmark, Mama Sita's Kiddie Spaghetti Sauce.



The recipe at the back of the foil pouch was very easy to follow.



150 g. ground beef
1/4 C. onions, chopped
salt
(The recipe says you can add celery, carrot and parsley to the meat balls.)

Form into 1 inch balls, pan fry and set aside.

Sauce

2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 C. onions, chopped
100 g. button mushrooms, sliced
Mama Sita's Kiddie Spaghetti Sauce

Saute garlic and onions.  Add the mushrooms, then the pan fried meat balls.  Pour in the sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
 
125 g. noodles

Top with grated cheese.

Not bad for an instant spaghetti sauce!  I loved the fact that the sauce was orangey and not red.

3 comments:

  1. oh we'll look for this in the grocery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sauce does not taste good, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this sauce because it tastes sweet!

    Mama Sita's Kiddie Spaghetti Sauce + Purefood's Corned Beef + Cheese = YUM! YUM! YUM

    ReplyDelete