Wednesday, June 22, 2011

9 Plate Buffet

My Ate and brother in law, Butch, invited my Tita Portia and I for lunch at Basix in Dusit last Monday.  My Tita has been teasing Butch that he should treat us because he was promoted as the SVP for the bank he is working for. 

When we got to Basix, we checked out first where my Ate and her family were sitting before going around and perusing the food offering.  It was a Filipino Street Food theme.  No Lechon though :(.

I did not realize Butch was counting the plates I used! He said the number was 9!  Let me check if it was accurate. 

My main plate had white rice,  steamed fish with mayo, pastel de lengua and buttered vegetables.



The carving for that day was the prime rib.  I only asked for 2 thin slices.



I am not much of a beef eater but the fat attached to it was like butter!  LOL   Tita Portia only ate the fat and swapped her meat with my sister's  fat.

I got a plateful  of Baked New Zealand mussels.



My favorite Sinigang Salmon Belly in Miso.



Fresh Lumpiang Ubod



Tempura



I forgot to take pictures of the rest but I still got Caesar's Salad, Cream of Mushroom soup, prawns in butter and garlic, taho, Puto Bungbong and bibingka.  I did not get dessert from the pastry bar anymore because I was watching my sugar intake.

Even if I wanted to eat some more, I could not.  The waistline of my shorts was tight!  I think I am about to develop gangrene!  Hahaha  I do not know what is happening but my shorts and pants are getting tighter and tighter each day!!!  I have to check with Hermie if they are shrinking from being washed.  I have to investigate the cause.

Hahahaha  I think if I list down  all the food I have eaten .. then I will be able to find the culprit.  I was so surprised even if I had a 9 plate buffet lunch, my blood sugar level the next day was lower than my usual.  Should I tell my doctor I have found the cure for lowering blood sugar???? Hehehe.  I do not think so.

I have learned to be more discerning when I eat in hotel buffets.  I just get what I like and I do not have to try everything!  What is more important is to be in the company of people you like and enjoy,  then the pleasure is magnified!

No comments:

Post a Comment