Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Steamed Seabass on a bed of Garlic Spinach

I'm trying to stay with the healthy program.  Cereals, skimmed milk and fruit for breakfast.... healthy lunch - 1/2 C.  brown rice, fish and vegetables and...  for dinner ... cereals again with skimmed milk and yogurt.  I'm following the diet written at the back of the cereal box.  It says, if you do it for 14 days, you will see a significant difference.  So... let's us find out if it is true..

My schedule today was after breakfast, I would go to Poblacion market and buy fish.  But Sophie and Renzo wanted to swim in our little instant pool which I set up every summer only..  Their yaya was busy with something else so I had to watch over the kids.  Hehehe  and I joined them also.  I bought toys for the pool ... mine was the lounging bed... I sprayed on Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning oil.  I want to have a healthy golden tan this summer.

My little 5 year old nephew, Renzo,  was so cute.  I think it was the first time he saw me in a swim suit ... He said: You are big, you ate a lot????? Hahahaha An understatement!!!

Since there were no more fish at the market at 11 am, I just went to Rustan's Rockwell.  I was able to buy a small Seabass ... about 200 grams in weight and a bag of Spinach.

Steamed Seabass on a bed of Garlic Spinach



200 g. Seabass (Apahap is the local equivalent)
1/4 t. fine salt
1/4 t. sugar
ginger, julienned
leeks, julienned
wansoy leaves
2 T. oil (I just used ordinary cooking oil, best if corn or peanut oil)
1 T. Kikkoman soy sauce

Cut diagonal slits on the fish... season both sides with salt and sugar.  Put the fish on a heat proof dish and steam for 10 minutes.  Drain liquid from the dish, arrange on top the ginger, leeks and wansoy.  Heat the cooking oil until smoking then pour slowly over the steamed fish.  Drizzle with soy sauce.

Garlic Spinach

1 T. oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed
spinach leaves, soaked in water

Heat oil until smoking, saute the garlic until light brown, Drain the leaves and saute until the color changes.  Transfer into a serving platter.

Put the fish on top of the spinach bed and pour the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment