Friday, February 18, 2011

Zuni

I had lunch at Zuni in Greenbelt 5 with Tita Portia and the friends of my mom today.  We all look forward to our once a month get together.  We try new restaurants and exchange stories with each other.  I'm very comfortable with my senior friends.  The topics of our conversations  range from politics, new beauty products, our household helpers, their grandchildren, common aquaintances, etc....  We even exchanged Valentines token gifts.  I baked chocolate cookies for them.

For starters, I had the Cream of Broccoli soup but I was too excited I forgot to take a picture.

I ordered my favorite salad, Crispy Soft Shelled Crabs with onions rings in Mango-Lime vinaigrette.



Also tried the Prawns Thermidore.  A HUGE prawn with wild rice and buttered vegetables.


For dessert, Mango souffle.  One of these days, I'm going to experiment and make one.   I'm always intimidated by the thought of souffle.



We already set a date for March, we will just have to decide where.  They normally ask Tita Portia or me for suggestions.... we have a few weeks to check out new restos.... so... until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment