Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lunch for Paz and Gina

Paz and Gina are my grade school classmates.  I  haven't seen them in 24 years! Thanks to Facebook we all got in touch with each other.  We have been exchanging emails  for months and I promised them I will let them taste my cooking when they visit the Philippines.  Both are based now in the US.  I organized two mini reunions for them.  Evening get together at Rainbow's Chef Galley Cafe, C. Benitez, QC and lunch here in my house.

When some of our classmates learned there was a lunch reunion, they also joined us since they couldn't make it in the evening.  They brought food and we all had fun.

I just prepared  "Killing Me Softly" bagoong with pork fat chicharon bits and garlic


Kare Kare


Mayette's Old fashioned Adobo.


Bubbles Barretto was the first one to arrive and she brought Mango Torte from Dulcelin.  Sorry, I wasn't able to take a pic because I put it in the freezer and was too busy eating when they started slicing the torte.

Tricia and Jodie brought Pancit Palabok from Red Ribbon


I asked Jodie to buy ice from 7eleven.  Thanks Jodie!  Hehehe  Tricia said I should have asked her because there is a 7eleven store beside her clinic.

Serla brought Tuyo Salad... it was interesting and refreshing!  It tasted like Mango salsa with tuyo flakes and brown rice.

Catherine brought Banana Choc Chip Cake


 Soooo Yum!!!  I have yet to try it with butter, according to Mona, whose cholesterol is over the top, said I should heat the Banana cake slices and spread fresh butter on it.  Just added it on my Things to Do list.

Then I received a text message saying: I will bring pork barbecue and rellenong bangus.  I wanted to text back and ask: Who is this, please?  But then... the person might get offended and not bring the food anymore!  Mona said just to wait for the person with the barbecue and bangus then add her to my contact list.  I dropped my phone last week and Samsung replaced the motherboard.  Now I know better, I saved the numbers in my Sim.



June Pearl arrived and LO and Behold! Pork Barbecue and Rellenong Bangus.   I looked at Mona and we secretly grinned at each other  hahahah.

It was so wonderful to be with  childhood friends again.  We were exchanging stories and reminiscing about our past.... and so sorry ... we talked about the people who were not there!!!  hahahaha

I wonder why is it we haven't seen each in almost 24 years but the moment we all met, it was as though last time we were together was only yesterday!

4 comments:

  1. sorry i missed the lunch and the yummy food! but thanks for the balot LI! :)

    till next time...
    -Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. IM SO GLAD THAT IM PART OF YOUR GROUP, THE FOOD WAS GREAT AND OF COURSE THE COMPANY, YOU GUYS ARE SO SO COOL. LOVE YOU ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another mini-reunion missed with old friends and good food...did you talk about me...hahahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Till next time Marianne!

    We love having you as part of our batch, Mona!

    So, Barbs... when are you coming home for a visit???

    ReplyDelete