Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lugang Cafe

Tita Portia and I went on a food trip yesterday.  I researched the internet the night before about Lugang Cafe in Greenhills.  Read lots of positive reviews... according to the blogs, one has to have reservations or go really early because the place is always full.  They have their own parking lot across the restaurant.

So... on a very rare occassion ... I drove along EDSA... yes!  EDSA....  and Tita Portia and I were in Lugang at exactly 11 am.  Was able to park, no problem and we were given the last available table!  All the tables were reserved, the others with no reservations were there before 11.

Their best seller is their Xiao Long Bao.  We ordered the Crab Roe and Pork Xiao Long Bao. 


6 pieces per order, very cute and small. The skin was really "strong" because it did not break when I picked up the dumpling with my chopsticks, although it wasn't very hot when it was brought to our table, I still liked it. 
Watched the chefs make Xiao Long Bao.
Very fast chef, pinching the skin to seal the dumpling.
Tita Portia tried the  Iced Fruit Tea.



We had the Pineapple with Shrimp stuffed Crullers.  The crullers were like "bicho-bicho" then stuffed with ground shrimp.  They used very sweet fresh pineapple.


We also ordered the Pineapple Fried Rice.....


Another best seller is their Three Cup Chicken ....


And the Beef with Crullers...


I loved this dish because the beef was very tender... the crullers crunchy and   the sauce sweet!  I think I can finish one order in one sitting with plain rice.

And for dessert.... Tita Portia had the Baked Custard with Red Beans....


I had the Mango Shaved Ice.  I didn't realize it was one big tower!  Had to eat it fast because it was melting.



Do I want to eat there again?  Yes!!! There are still lots of dishes we haven't tried yet.  That is the problem when we are only two, we couldn't order a lot, we even brought home some of the rice, shrimps/pineapple, Three Cup chicken and the Beef with Crullers. But of course, Chinese food take away does not taste as good as when it was served immediately.

I wonder when will Tita Portia ask me to eat with her again at Lugang Cafe?



No comments:

Post a Comment