Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The week that was...

Wow! I didn't realize I haven't posted in my blog for a couple of weeks.  I suffered from a very bad case of asthma allergy... I had flu like symptoms... ergo .. no appetite and my taste buds were not working properly.

Last week, Ate treated me for lunch at Lili's.  We had the dim sum buffet.
 

Sio Long Bao

Pork Siomai

Hakaw

Chicken Feet

Spareribs

Deep Fried Taro Puff with Seafood and Ham Suy Kuok

Pan-Fried Radish Cake

Baked Barbecue Bun - YUMMMM so flaky!!!!


Masachi with White Chocolate Filling
  I also had a longanisa craving.  I bought Sonsi Cabanatuan longanisa from Rustan's but it was tooooo salty!  Ate Gina of Celina suggested I try the Cabanatuan garlic longanisa from The Blue Kitchen.

Sonsi Cabanatuan longanisa

Then last Saturday, I bought Vigan longanisa from Salcedo Market.  Not bad, but it wasn't what I was looking for.  I really love the ones Mona always gives me from Cavite.  What's so good about it is that she half cooks them... so all I have to do is pan fry in a little oil and time to eat!  I don't have the patience to let it simmer until the water evaporates and oil comes out.  Usually ends up bursting all over the frying pan.

Vigan Longanisa

Saturday night, I attended the post birthday party of Lei.  It was such a fun night!  The invitation stated: Come in your craziest wigs.  Most of the guests did.

Prawns with Garlic

Vegie-Meat Steak

Vegie-Meat Barbecue

Delicious Vegetable Lasagna

 Mona and I tried this new snack, bought it in Landmark Supermarket, we couldn't stop eating!  It tasted like the chips we used to eat when we were younger...  Jack and Jill MUNCHEES.




No comments:

Post a Comment