Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sundries

I enjoyed my breakfast last Sunday, Jon and Mayette dropped by to let me taste "I can't believe it's not butter!"  I shared with them my mini pan de sal with Fried Kesong Puti and salted egg.

                                     

My lunch guests were Corry and Mona.  I promised to cook Sinigang na Liempo.  We call it "Floating" because of the floating bits of fat!  Whenever I serve soup dishes, I set aside the meat and vegetables from the stock.  I don't like to fish for my food.

                                        

I rarely have dinner guests now ... hahaha... maybe because people know I don't eat anything but salad.  I tried the Honey Mustard dressing for the first time and it wasn't bad at all.  I used a small bottle with a tight fitting lid, added all the ingredients and shaked it vigourously.  I tried stirring the dressing ingredients in a bowl but it wouldn't emulsify so I transferred it into a small bottle.  I saw Martha Stewart do it in her show.

                                                   


Honey Mustard Dressing

1 t. mustard
1 t. honey
1 t. cava wine vinegar
1 T. Extra Virgin Olive oil

I just added grapes and mangoes to my salad leaves.  The dressing really tasted good together with the mangoes.

                                        

Tita Portia gave me sugar free coffee jelly with whipped cream prepred by her maid.  Will ask for the recipe.

                                             

I like the hotdog on a stick in Cash and Carry because they use JUMBO hotdog.  One time I bought "corn dog" in Glorietta and it was such a disappointment.  They used a regular sized hotdog and double dipped in batter to make it appear big.   It is so easy to make hotdog on a stick, I just buy Maya Hotcake Mix and Purefoods hotdog and follow the instructions at the back of the box.

 



 I was hungry yesterday and checked my pantry what can I make for merienda.  I ended up making Pizza Pan de sal!  I used Del Monte Pizza sauce, Zaragosa Hot Spanish Sardines and Eden Melt sarap and toasted it in my little oven.



No comments:

Post a Comment