Monday, September 13, 2010

Crystal Jade La Mian and HK Choi

Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao opened its door to the Public today. My Ate and I were there at exactly 11:00 am. Good thing because the place was packed. The restaurant received numerous International awards over the years. Of course, we wanted to try. The restaurant serves Shanghainese cuisine.


The most famous and popular dish is their Xiao Long Bao. The skin was "strong" enough it didn't break! Was it good? Yes, but I wasn't jumping up and down my chair.



We asked the owners what else should we order, they recommended the Spicy Pork Dumplings.




We also tried the noodle soup in the cover of their menu. La Mian with Spicy Peanut Sauce. Ummmmm what can I say? (hahaha that is not YUUMMMM... just Ummmm). It kind of tasted like Spaghetti with thin Kare kare sauce with wansuy!





Radish Puff pastry .... I just took bite.




Maybe I'm the only one who wasn't "feeling" this new game in town. The place was really full and still lots of people lining up outside. And.... they seemed very, very happy with their food!




After shopping in Greenhills, my Ate and I moved to Megamall. I thought I was the only one who was sad over our lunch, it turned out I wasn't alone! Ate and I had a light merienda at H.K. Choi.

Hot and Sour Soup - we ordered just a "cup" but it was good for 2-3 people.





Sharksfin Siomai




Deep Fried Taro Puff




We were "happy" after the merienda. I can honestly conclude my favorite kind of Chinese cuisine is Cantonese.

No comments:

Post a Comment