Monday, August 16, 2010

Afternoon Tea Buffet at the Pen

Happy Birthday to me everyday! Today was Tita Portia's treat, we were with Michelle at The Lobby of The Peninsula Manila for the Afternoon Tea Buffet. I behaved myself and didn't get lots of pastries nor the scones. I was just there for the company, to relax and enjoy the afternoon.




For my first round, I got the sandwiches: Egg Salad (mini rye roll), smoked tuna (mini bagel) and Ham and Gruyere with mustard (baguette). Mini pork barbecue, vegetable spring roll and lamb meatball with a cube of cheese inside.



Tita Portia and Michelle got the scones. Pen has the best scones in town, they were light and had a melt in the mouth kind of texture . We've tried other scones before but they were very tough and you can use as a paper weight. I just took a teeny bit of taste since I was trying to be a good girl.


I know it's not so English of them but they served Pancit Canton. Surprisingly, it tasted good. I ate it with the vegetable spring rolls.




My dessert was a plate of assorted cheeses: Boursin, Tilsit and Emmenthal with crackers. Fresh fruits: melon, pineapple and watermelon. Dried fruits : Figs, Prune, Apricot and a bunch of raisins.



I chose Jasmine Tea since it was just an Herbal Infusion, I won't have a hard time falling asleep tonight.


See how controlled I was?!?!?

Afternoon Tea Buffet













No comments:

Post a Comment