Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Kirin

The trouble with writing about food is that it makes me eat what I write about all the time! I couldn't wait for the day to end and eat at Kirin tonight. Since I was alone, I couldn't order a lot because I couldn't finish it and I don't want to take it home and reheat.

My favorite siomai which I wrote about in yesterday's post was truly YUM! Aside from the chunky fat, pork and shrimp, it even had crab roe on top and chopped mushroom. I've been experimenting with siomai and I couldn't get it right. Mine just tasted like ground cardboard or no taste at all. I don't know why.



I also ordered the Seafood and Vegetable Fried Noodles. The last time I ordered it, the serving was huge! Came in a platter, but tonight, they put it in a small wok like serving dish. It was just enough for me! But I liked the fried noodles, not oily nor did it have the taste of stale over used oil. The sauce was clear and tasty. I wonder what they used as stock? The seafood part consisted of fish fillet, shrimps and squid and the vegetables they used were carrots, broccoli leaves and snow peas.


No comments:

Post a Comment